The latest edition of Bates’ is now available! It delivers new clinical skills videos featuring head-to-toe and systems-based physical examination techniques, as well as OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examinations) clinical reasoning modules.
Based on Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, this online guide maintains the evidence-based origins of the text and provides careful attention to clinical accuracy, and to the range of patient types profiled in the series.
This resource is ideal for practicing clinicians as well as for institutional assessment or clinical medicine courses within medical, nursing, or allied health programs.
Why Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination?
- Supports teaching and learning objectives with hours of narrated and closed captioned videos
- Prepares students for the patient encounter and board exams
- Allows students independent, frequent viewing, and testing of their clinical reasoning skills
- Provides a resource for practitioners to review and refresh their understanding of examination techniques
- Creates direct paths to videos from library catalog or course syllabus; enables downloading of PDF transcripts for use in teaching guides.
Need help adding a link to a video in your Canvas course? Contact the library!
Leave a Reply